If you or someone you know has been injured on the property of another, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Property owners have an obligation to keep their land reasonably safe and free from dangerous and defective conditions. When they fail to uphold this responsibility, and it causes an injury, property owners and those responsible for maintaining the property may be held responsible for the resulting injuries.
Premises Liability in Bergen County
Property owners, business owners and landlords must maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition and take precautions to ensure their premises is safe. Poorly maintained property, hazardous conditions, negligent security and other neglectful behavior or omissions can lead to injuries to innocent people. When this happens, injured individuals may have the ability to seek legal recourse. Premises liability accidents can occur in a number of ways:
- Slip and fall accidents on the property of others – shopping centers, supermarkets, nursing homes, government buildings, school, and office complexes
- High falls – from balconies, roofs, stairways and other dangerous heights
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Falling debris – construction sites, store merchandise
- Assaults and shooting accidents due to negligent security
- Accidents at amusement parks
- Drowning or other injuries in swimming pools not up to code
- Electrocution and electrical burns from poorly positioned electric cords or faulty wiring
How The Reinartz Law Firm Can Assist You
A premises liability claim is extremely time sensitive. Property owners will often rush to clean up after your accident and repair any unsafe conditions that led to your injury, eliminating crucial evidence. Additionally, you are limited in the time you have to file a premises liability claim in New Jersey. Swift investigation and timely filing by an experienced premises liability attorney is imperative for a successful outcome. The Reinartz Law Firm has many years of experience handling New Jersey premises liability cases. We have helped numerous clients throughout New Jersey recover physically and financially from personal injuries, and are dedicated to continued advocacy on behalf of victims of these undeserved accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured on someone else’s property, call The Reinartz Law Firm to discuss the particulars of your case with one of our seasoned Bergen County premises liability lawyers. Contact our Hackensack office today for a free initial consultation and case evaluation.