We aggressively pursue the compensation that our clients deserve
The damage resulting from a motor vehicle accident or other injury-causing event can be life changing. In these cases, the non-economic damages typically comprise the largest share of the damages as the injuries can result in pain and suffering, permanent disability, loss of enjoyment of life, and depression. If you have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of an individual, business or other entity, you may be entitled to compensation for the resulting economic and non-economic damages. At the Reinartz Law Firm, our attorneys passionately fight for the rights of wrongfully injured people in personal injury and wrongful death matters throughout New Jersey.
Pursuing Compensation for Damages in a Lyndhurst, NJ Personal Injury Case
Damages in catastrophic personal injury cases are typically either economic or non-economic in nature. Economic damages include out-of-pocket costs, costs for past and future medical expenses, and lost wages. Non-economic damages include permanent disability, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, permanent scarring and disfigurement and emotional distress. Some of the typical compensable damages in a personal injury case are described below.
- Medical bills – Medical treatment isn’t cheap and you definitely shouldn’t be stuck with the bills for your injuries. Compensation may cover both past and future medical expenses, including ongoing care and rehabilitation
- Lost income – Whether you temporarily miss work due to recovery time, or your future income is impacted due to partial or total disability, these financial losses may be taken into account.
- Long-term care – If your injury results in permanent disability requiring future care, you may seek compensation for the cost of home care, nursing home costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering – Wrongfully injured people may seek compensation for past and future pain and suffering caused by an injury.
- Punitive damages – Though more difficult to obtain, and less common than other compensatory damages, punitive damages may be available under certain limited circumstances. They are intended to reform and deter others from particularly egregious conduct.
At the Reinartz Law Firm, our team has the experience, knowledge and resources to pursue all necessary compensation in your NJ personal injury case.
Personal Injury in Lyndhurst, NJ
Our lawyers provide legal representation in a wide range of personal injury matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Slip and Falls
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Work-related Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Toxic Exposure
- Product Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
Call on a knowledgeable Bergen County injury lawyer if you have suffered a personal injury
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury, you should consult an experienced lawyer without delay as key evidence can be lost or discarded and the law limits the time to make a claim. At the Reinartz Law Firm, our attorneys would be pleased to learn about your claim and provide you a free case evaluation. Call 201-289-8614 or complete our online contact form.