Personal injury claims resulting from car accidents are some of the most common types of claims in New Jersey. There is, however, no common settlement or verdict in these cases. Compensation depends upon a number of different factors, including the specific circumstances of the accident, the types of injuries and medical care required, the permanent impact the injuries have on the lives of the victims and the insurance coverage of those involved.
The following are some recent New Jersey car accident personal injury settlements and awards:
- Morris County, NJ – September 2014, $225K settlement for a plaintiff who underwent arthroscopic surgery and anterior cervical discectomy and fusion surgery.
- Ocean County, NJ – May 2014, $1 Million+ for two elderly women who were injured by a drunk driver in a vehicle collision. One plaintiff suffered leg and foot fractures, knee injuries and an ankle dislocation resulting in three surgeries, extensive hospitalization and the need for a walker. The other woman had internal organ damage, fractures and brain and head injuries causing cognitive impairment.
- Middlesex County, NJ – March 2014, $850K verdict for a neck injury sustained in motor vehicle accident.
- Essex County, NJ – May 2011, $435K settlement for a woman whose car accident injury required spinal stabilization surgery.
- Hudson County, NJ – February, 2010, $350K settlement to an injury victim who suffered from Regional Pain Syndrome as a result of an intersection motor vehicle accident.
- Monmouth County, NJ – $460K settlement for a plaintiff who was hit head-on by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel. Plaintiff suffered thigh and foot fractures requiring surgery and has a permanent limp. The victim’s injuries prevent full time work.
- Middlesex County, NJ – $294K settlement for a Hudson County Sheriff’s Officer who suffered a neck injury and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Additional New Jersey Car Accident Verdicts and Settlements in 2014
- $200K verdict for spinal injuries, December 19.
- $215K verdict in Morris County for injured woman, December 15.
- $215K settlement in an intersection accident caused by an inattentive driver, November 25.
- $150K jury verdict, but plaintiff will receive $100K due to a high/low agreement, November 13.
- $250K verdict for permanent cervical spine injuries resulting from a rear-end collision, October 30.
- $50K settlement from injured party’s insurance company for a UIM Claim, October 9.
- $300K settlement for a rear-end collision resulting in a woman’s permanent injuries, August 25.
- $440K settlement for neck injuries sustained in a car-truck accident, August 14.
- $1.62 million settlement for injuries that included PTSD, Aug 7.
- $275K settlement for a 19-year-old who had to have three-level microdiscectomy as a result of car accident injuries, June 27.
- $800K verdict for a passenger in a vehicle that was rear-ended and had two subsequent spinal fusions, June 13.